Monday, September 28, 2009

A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide

A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide
A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide
Grey Marble Vinyl
Released on Nitro Records, Asscard Records and Jumpstart Records (ACR021 / JST057), October 2007

I have a confession to make: although this is my favorite album from arguably one of my top 5 favorite bands, I did not own a copy of Career Suicide until 2 days ago.

Let me explain! It all started with the 5 to 9 video that was posted on the Nitro Records website before the album was released. This video was so powerful, we just knew what AWS was about to unleash would be of epic proportions. And then in got leaked. And I downloaded it telling myself I'd buy it soon, but never got around to it. I'm sorry!

This balls to the wall song was the first to feature bassist Brian Robinson (ex The Fullblast ) and you can just tell that his arrival was motivation for Trevor to take his songwriting to a new level. If this is a sign of what happens when a technically more advanced band member joins the band, then I can't wait to hear the next album since it will be the first since Mike Supina's arrival (ex Alucard... in case you don't get the name, read it backwards hehehe).

But to talk about the music on this record: I can't describe it. You have to listen to it if you like fast-paced punk rock. After all, it was voted best punk album of 2007 according to the punknews.org community.


What I particularly liked about this record: Holy powerful! Palm muting, guitar harmonies, catchy lyrics, BASSLINES!!!

What I did not really like: When I started this blog, I told myself I'd find at least one thing that I slightly dislike about every album I'd write about. However, the only bad thing I can say about this album is that I doubt that A Wilhelm Scream will be able to top this album with their next one.

The best songs: (in tracklisting order): Argh I can't pick just 3! I'll have to go with Die While We're Young, These Dead Streets and Our Ghosts

1 comment:

  1. GREAT BAND, GREAT ALBUM!

    Favourite songs: The Horse, Jaws 3 - People 0, These Dead Streets

    ReplyDelete